Cracked Racquets Home Page Forums ATP Tour Australian Open First Round

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Dwestho334 dwestho334 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Alex Gruskin
    Alex Gruskin
    Participant

How do we not yet have the ability to stream multiple matches on the screen at one time?!?! Is it not 2018?!?!

Have heard Harrison/Dudi is getting heated. Dudi Sela fans are some of the best in all of tennis, and I’m sure they’ll get into Harrison’s head. Still don’t think he has enough weapons to beat Harrison.

In terms of tennis quality, Edmund/Anderson is the one to watch. Both of these guys can hit the cover off the ball. Edmund’s nike outfit is atrocious, but man is his forehand effective.

Close first set thus far. Seems like the match will come down to who is able to move better. Anderson moves well for someone his height, but neither player is particularly quick. Edmund tweaked ankle in Brisbane, but has looked healthy thus far.

Alex Gruskin
    Alex Gruskin
    Participant

First set to Kevin Anderson 7-6 (4). Took advantage of two poor Edmund second serves at 5-4 and 6-4 to secure the first set. Both players doing well to protect their serves/take control of points on serve. Edmund needs to keep moving Anderson side-to-side and do a better job of making first serves. Tough to break a player like Anderson, but Edmund has had chances

Parker Thieneman
    Parker Thieneman
    Participant

I’ve got Anderson making a run to the quarters so he needs an easy win tonight. Also ESPN2 is playing the Ostapenko/Schiavone match and I’m thrilled to see Schiavone still has that incredibly aggressive grunt.

Dalton Thieneman
    Dalton Thieneman
    Participant

Amen on the multi-screen comment! There’s only so much back and forth I can do with my tv/computer/phone.

Hell of a first set there. Came down to a few points in the breaker. I think the difference going forward for Edmund is his willingness/unwillingness to move forward and get to the net. He has to close the court on the big South African or it’ll be a quick exit for the Brit.

Dalton Thieneman
    Dalton Thieneman
    Participant

Schiavone rocking the back brace? Bold move, Cotton.

Alex Gruskin
    Alex Gruskin
    Participant

Edmund gets the break!!!!

Dwestho334
    dwestho334
    Participant

No way Edmund pulls this off, but that was a big break just now in the second set.

Alex Gruskin
    Alex Gruskin
    Participant

I’ll point out that Edmund made 71% of his first serves in the second set….

Parker Thieneman
    Parker Thieneman
    Participant

Looking like the Anderson/Edmund match is going to go the distance

Parker Thieneman
    Parker Thieneman
    Participant

Geez Edmund is absolutely ripping that forehand

Alex Gruskin
    Alex Gruskin
    Participant

I was so close to predicting an Isner loss….

Dwestho334
    dwestho334
    Participant

Seriously Jack Sock? You are an enigma.

Dwestho334
    dwestho334
    Participant

Those semi-finals were weeeeeaaaaaak

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.